S&T's TSBroadcaster 5
TSBroadcaster is S&T's MPEG-2 Multi-Program Transport Stream generator, suitable
for delivery of data and interfactive applications, transmitted in DSM-CC carousels.
A number of the US MSOs continue to use TSBroadcaster for guide data transmission, OCAP application
delivery and code downloads.
The most recent version is TSBroadcaster 5, you can find a summary of all the
major new features,
TSBroadcaster supports a variety of iTV and data broadcasting standards including:
- OpenCable Common Download and DTA download.
- Standalone DSM-CC data carousels.
- A number of worldwide iTV standards such as HbbTV, ATSC, MHP, MHEG. EBIF/ETV.
- OCAP, or tru2way, both bound and unbound applications.
MPEG-2 transport streams generated by TSBroadcaster are delivered by TSPlayer.
TSBroadcaster can build and play multiple transport streams simultaneously. Each output requires
a separate copy of TSPlayer.
TSBroadcaster servers are accessed by a web browser. In addition, all aspects of TSBroadcaster's
functionality can also be accessible via Java API, REST and XML. This allows easy integration with
other headend software.
S&T recommend that TSBroadcaster is installed on an HP DL 360 Gen10 or similar system running CentOS 6 or 7.
HP DL360 G8
Features and Capabilities
- Supported in a Virtual Machine environment.
- Datacasting capable. Allows generation and playout of standalone data carousels.
- Enhanced SCTE-65 Channel Maps. Including (i) an optional unique id a channel definition
(ii) max bit rate for an OOB channel map sets and (iii) generation of one SVCT DCM sub-table
and one SVCT VCM per virtual channel table ID.
- Zero Install UI using native browser features (no Flash or Java applets).
- Application definition and scheduling.
- Carousel bandwidth allocation.
- Creation and management of multiple carousels.
- Injection of ETV-EBIF and OCAP stream events (triggers).
- Optional Service Information in-band.
- Integrated software multiplexer.
- Peer groups for n+1 resiliency and automatic failover support. A variety of failover approaches are supported.
- Inspection of live carousels and MPEG signalling tables such as EISS, AIT and XAIT.
- Task and Platform backup.
- Alerting system, e-mail and REST.
- Enhanceed security, including https support.
- Multiple user authentication, LDAP, FreeIPA, Active Directory and Kerberos/Centrify.
- TSMonitor integration.
- OpenJDK based (no additional licence fees).
- SNMP polling and trap support.