S&T's TSBroadcaster 5 - New Features
- Upgraded from Oracle Java 8 to OpenJDK 11, providing industry support until 2023.
- Spring security for application lock-down and enhanced password protection.
- Provides option for running with HTTPS over TLS for additional security.
- Enhanced user privileges and management, including read-only system access.
- User access can be mediated via Centrify/LDAP.
- Reviewed against OWASP criteria for system protection.
- Comprehensive single home page system status display with drill down to system components.
- Provides unified contextual notification system.
- Provides improved navigation, search facility and sorting/filtering of tabular data.
- Provides responsive real-time update of all system data.
- Provides enhanced peer management support for failover, maintenance and file system checking.
- Single screen network monitoring to view peers and other local TSBroadcasters.
- Provides user notification of issues via email.
- Logging and alerting to monitoring systems including Nagios and Splunk.
- Integration with Centrify/LDAP.
- REST APIs provided for all functions.
- Deployment via OVA and Docker.
- Scripting of update activities.
- Scheduled and on-demand backups of local and remote task, platform and TSPlayer data.
- Provisioning and restoration of new and existing servers.
- Peer checking and synchronization.