S&T's TSBroadcaster 3
TSBroadcaster 3 is the latest version of S&T's carousel, code download, MPEG encoding and streaming software.
TSBroadcaster supports a variety of iTV standards which are encoded and delivered via GbE UDP or Multicast, ASI or QAM. Usually these applications are delivered in either a data or object carousel.
The iTV and related standards supported by TSBroadcaster include:
- OpenCable Common Download and DTA download.
- OCAP, or tru2way, both bound and unbound applications.
- A number of worldwide iTV standards such as Hbbtv, MHP and MHEG.
The transport streams generated by TSBroadcaster are delivered by TSPlayer.
TSBroadcaster also generates the appropriate signalling which indicates to set-top-boxes donwstream of the existence of an application or code download.
TSBroadcaster servers are accessed by a web browser. All aspects of TSBroadcaster's functionality can also be accessible via Java API. This allows easy integration with other headend software.
TSBroadcaster can build and play multiple transport streams simultaneously. Each such output requires a separate copy of TSPlayer which typically runs on the same hardware platform as the TSBroadcaster server with a suggested limit of four TSPlayers per hardware platform.
The default configuration provdes one output per TSBroadcaster system but these can easily be increased upon request.
Currently TSBroadcaster is installed on an HP DL 360 G8p or similar system running CentOS 6.5.
HP DL 360 G8p
- Full 64-bit implementation running on 64-bit Linux.
- High capacity for OpenCable Common Download (100+ 32MB OCAP code images streamed at once is quite typical).
- Higher capacity of OCAP applications may be streamed. At least 100 10MB OCAP unbound applications, containing a total of 1 million individual files in excess of 1GB of data, carouseled in-band.
- Improved user interface for DSG delivery including ADSG tunnel and TFTP server definitions and automatic CVT signing using UniSoft CVTSigner.
- Column sorting for Code Download play-outs.
- Definition, creation and play-out of multiple MPTS via GbE, ASI or QAM.
- Application definition and scheduling.
- One TSPlayer server included. Additional copies available upon request.
- Carousel bandwidth allocation.
- Creation and management of multiple carousels.
- Injection of ETV-EBIF and OCAP stream events (triggers).
- Optional Service Information in-band.
- Integrated software multiplexer.
- Peer groups for n+1 resiliency and automatic failover support. A variety of failover approaches are supported.
- Inspection of live carousels and some MPEG tables including EISS, AIT and XAIT.
- ETV CoDF (version 1 and 2) Import and Export.
- SNMP queries and trap support.
- DTA capabilities including In-band data carousels, in-band CVTs, optional SCTE 65 Profile 2 SI (PID 0x1FFC)and EAS SCTE 18 message generation (PID 0x1FFB).